How is Step One Finance different?
Step One was established in 2010 and our mission is to operate an industry leading consumer finance platform built on traditional lending values. We seek to offer products that are easy to understand and provide real solutions for customers.
Our primary goals are to:
- Provide creative and effective lending solutions for customers
- Focus on offering customers a personal service
- Lend responsibly and transparently
What are our principles?
We operate by business principles that are realistic, deliverable and, most importantly, believable. We have four core business principles that are framed in a series of simple questions:
- Responsibility: Do our products help our customers and are they affordable?
- Transparency: Do our products deliver what they promise without any hidden catches?
- Fairness: Do we treat people as we would wish to be treated?
- Simplicity: Can we explain our products in a way that is easily understood?
Where are we based?
We are based in Surrey where our team of qualified professionals offer lending solutions and a personal touch that customers will rarely experience in mainstream lending.
How are we funded?
We are a private limited company, with capital provided through a combination of private and institutional investors as well as senior management.
Who licences and regulates us?
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.