The Buckinghamshire Building Society was founded in 1907 in Chalfont St Giles by a group of local businessmen. Originally called the Chalfont & District Permanent Building Society, it was renamed the Buckinghamshire in 1961. In 1998 the original head office in Chalfont St Giles was totally destroyed by fire, but was rebuilt later that year and an extension was added in 2011. The Chalfont St Giles office is the only branch operated by the Society. The Society now has more than 11,000 savings customers and over 1,000 borrowers. Assets grew to more than £240m in 2013.
The Buckinghamshire Building Society is a Mutual Society, therefore owned by the Members. In common with all mutual societies, the Society has no shareholders to pay, so the emphasis is firmly on providing value to existing and new Members through competitive products in both the saving and borrowing sides of the business. The Society recognises the importance of helping the local community, and frequently supports local events, schools, clubs and charities. More recently it has appointed some strategic partners to work closely with and Complete FS are pleased to have been chosen as both a distributor and packager.
" We have always enjoyed a very good relationship with Complete FS who share our ethos of individual underwriting and exceptional customer service. Our successful business relationship has without doubt, been accredited to the fantastic team of people working at Complete who combined have such a broad wealth of knowledge, hard work ethic and professional can do attitude. "